Instagram Feed

My path is blocked...



My path to contentment that is.... and I always thought it would be blocked by food... turns out my state of mind is holding the stop sign! There have been times when I've felt short changed by my weight problem, craving to be skinny in the misguided belief that once I was, I'd be blissfully happy.... sheesh! I read recently about a lottery winner in the UK who actually won the lottery twice and both times it ruined his life! (I wouldn't mind trying it though!!!) 

Happiness is as much about the attitude we bring to our lives as what happens in it.... The main cause for me being miserable ... isn't the situation... but my attitude towards it! Time to banish thoughts of what ifs.. and whens.. and make peace with what I do have... a loving family, a lovely home, a sense of humour and the ability to work on my health to improve an already great life. Time to stop pinning everything on BIG events.. "when i lose weight ... life will start!" .. time to start taking pleasure out of everyday and live life today in the now. 

Stop comparing yourself to others and make peace with the fact that sometimes things just don't work out how you think they will ... and that they're just not meant to... 





2 comments

  1. Stands and Claps... so so true... don;t wait for some day... start today :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Awards