Instagram Feed

A funny thing happened on the way to the supermarket...




Yesterday I was up in Belfast... I have a client based there and in the interests of networking and goodwill I make the journey up to hand over work and put a face to the emails so to speak... plus expenses right!?!

When I'm up there... I take the opportunity to pop into the shops... ASDA is still a fav since UNI ... Matalan for house things... Boots... I know, I know, it's the same but ya never know right?! There's a massive New Look that I pass and I'd hate to miss a bargain!



Pretty new cushion that I did not need at all! 


So once all the work was done, I decided to do a little food shop in Sainsburys on the way home... it's the little things that excite me... bless... I faffed about in the car park and got a space eventually pretty much near the main entrance... opposite the taxi rank... 

I went inside... did my shopping... took some pics of products for posts on here... bought bold things for the Bank Holiday weekend... and made my way back to the car... 

As I passed with my little trolly... 5... FIVE taxi drivers thought it was OK to comment on my size... these were all middle-aged fat balding men... and by fat I mean beer barrel bellies! Not a Brad Pitt amongst them... with the kind of fashion sense even GOK couldn't deal with... A Weight Watchers leaders DREAM to get 'em on the scales! But these perfect human specimens thought they could say whatever they liked... 

'fucking size of her...' 'the fat ones are always more willing' *cue hysterical laughter*... 'you wouldn't want her on top though would ya...' Hilarious they were... laughing pretty much to my face as I put my bags in the car... inside, I was dying! I wanted to punch them... I wanted to shout 'do you know ANYTHING about me?!?! How fucking dare you!' ALL the swear words were on the tip of my tongue... but if I lashed out, wouldn't I be just as bad as them? Or some crazy woman kicking off? Sure weren't they only having a laugh... 

They continued staring... smirking... giggling at how funny they were and I knew I had to pass by them again to put the trolley back... honestly in my head I'd have happily shoved it 'accidentally' into one of their cars but why should I? Why should they be allowed to make me feel like that? 

So as I walked past them for the second time... I held my head up... I wasn't going to do anything but ignore them... but one of them sniggered and set them all off... and I paused... and I snapped... most unlike me... normally I'd have driven off crying and found the nearest petrol station and fed my misery... but no... not today! Today I spun around... looked every one of them up and down, like they were a piece of dirt on the ground and I asked them in the sweetest voice I could muster... 'So none of you have a mirror at home? Really?! I find that amazing in 2014! Taxi drivers in Dublin wouldn't get away with looking like THAT... You should all REALLY invest!' then turned on me heels and got the hell outta dodge! I believe they were floored... gobsmacked... it's probably the first time someone has dared to answer them back! 

Was I mean? Maybe... Am I as bad as them? Could be... Do I care? NO! But I reckon I'm not the only woman who has had cutting remarks thrown her way from those assholes... I suspect they stand about waiting for fares having a good old laugh at normal decent people who are easy targets... Has some tall girl been slagged by them? Some flat chested girl? A girl with red curly hair? A sassy blonde? or someone who they don't deem pretty enough? 

Over the past week, people I interact with online have been fat shamed... beautiful, funny, fabulous women, have been made to feel like shit!

I'm am officially calling people out if they dare to pass a remark on me from now on! Name and shame is my new policy! I'll ask them to repeat whatever they've said nice and loud, so I can be VERY clear on what they're saying about me, before I rustle up a reply... I will shame them for bullying me! These people have little to be doing with their time if all they can do is insult me... This new attitude is getting big and bold but NO ONE has the right to make me feel bad about myself! 

and I expect the same from all of you! *wags fingers* 





and just to help the attitude problem I got silver 7 number 15 yesterday too!!! 
7 stone 9lbs gone!



18 comments

  1. Skinny doll, you should have shoved you silver 7's in their faces! We have all been there (worse when your own family make these comments!), but I refuse to let anyone bring me down with there thoughtless comments. It is a reflection on them not you, you are amazing, look what you have achieved, I would be very proud to be where you are, head up girl, let no one bring you down x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen I don't think they were bright enough to work out what a silver 7 is! Where do people get off thinking that its ok to do this!? I'm giving everyone the opportunity to say it to my face from now on! I may need anger management after all this! LOL x

      Delete
  2. Wow! Im so impressed! Well done x
    It's always the ignorance that gets to me.I was in a que to board a flight one and a woman behind me said "I hope Im not stuck next to her , she will take up half of my seat as well" about a lady who walked past us to join the back of the que.
    I couldnt believe it.How hurtful and rude especially when she was around the same size.Im still mad I didnt say somthing , so bravo for speaking up x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens so often and unless we actually say something these people will just think its OK to do... thanks x

      Delete
  3. Whoop Whoop!!! well done you - I'd love to have seen their faces...I only wish I was quick enough to think of replies to gobsh!tes like that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a smart mouth.. its genetic... I also have jelly legs .. I hate confrontation but SOMETHING had to be said... x

      Delete
  4. Well done!! Some nerve they have saying ANYTHING about you, they knew nothing about you at all. They obviously have pretty pathetic lives if this is the type of thing they do for kicks. Go you for saying something back to them, they have to know that they can't talk to people like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly! If only one person does the same having read this then the chain will continue to grow! I thought of LOADS when I was driving home! LOL x

      Delete
  5. Brilliant. You weren't mean. If people stood up for themselves a bit more often then they wouldn't have felt free to pass comment. Trying to impress each other with their sheer ballsy manliness by picking on women. They deserved far worse. Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doll.. you are a Legend.. Fair play to you for standing your ground with those horrible men!! I'd still be trying to think of a retort!!!

    And a HUGE congrats on another Silver Seven :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks... this last one has taken a while to get... sigh.. but baby steps yeah! x Oh and I thought of LOADS to say on the way home... LOL

      Delete
  7. Good on you, girl! Guys like that don't deserve the air they breathe - they probably stand around and slag off every girl they see, because they know that they'd never have her, because all the girls know that they're worth better! As do you, I hope. :) I wish I'd have seen the look on their faces. Must have been wonderful. And no, it doesn't make you as bad as them, because you didn't do it to be nasty. You did it to put them in their place and to shut them up; to give them a taste of their own medicine.

    And congrats on yet another Silver Seven! You must be feeling pretty darn snazzy, girly. Way to go. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time to fight back missy! and beat em at their own game! xxx Thanks x

      Delete
  8. Firstly and most importantly another silver seven !, well done and congratulations.
    Now, for standing up to those intimidating assholes - well done. They hopefully will think twice before bullying the next unsuspecting innocent. Your confidence and strength may save someone else from their venomous atttitudes. Go you, keep you're head high and be proud xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mwah! Thanks... hopefully they'll think before they speak next time! x

      Delete
  9. Congrats on your weightloss - amazeballs. What a thick bunch of ignorant men - so glad you called them on it. I cannot understand how some people think it is ok to comment about anyone whatever their size, colour, creed etc. I hope I would follow in your footsteps and have a quick retort for them. You are a legend girl x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Awards